Camping is a great opportunity for bonding, a great chance for you to be with your beloved ones, your family, your friends, your colleagues and your significant other… Camping offers you complete freedom as you don’t having to bother about other things in life but the nature.
Why should we choose camping? Camping helps us enjoy the outdoors; it feels nice to wake up to the peaceful nature and tranquillity. You get to cook and eat outdoors; enjoy all the outdoor activities with the ones that you love.
The most important thing when it comes to camping is to plan ahead!
Nowadays, there are many camping areas open all year round. You can choose the season that you like or the one that matches your family’s schedules. However, always check the weather forecasts to make sure you won’t be stuck in the middle of nowhere in bad weather.
Most of us prefer to go camping in the summer since summer is the holiday season and many enjoy the summer heat. Fall and spring come next, they are the best time for those who enjoy the moist and cool weather and don’t like the harsh conditions of summer and winter. Winter is the least favoured season since it is cold, especially at night and there isn’t much to sight see apart from snow covered scenery and frozen rivers and lakes. However, winter is heaven for those who love skiing.
You can choose to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life to the beach, to the lakeside, to the mountains or the country. Each place has its own features to match your mood and interests.
- Acadia National Park, Maine: This place is basically a camping paradise! It has more than 6,000 lakes and ponds and 32,000 miles of rivers and streams. The best thing you can have here is to hike to the top of Cadillac Mountain before sunrise and be the first person to see the sun in the US.
- Apgar Campground: This place is located in the Western United States, the largest campground in Glacier National Park. It is nestled in a pine forest; there are mountain peaks and a lake, an incredible mountain side view. The campground offers many services such as: boat rentals, horseback rides and public bus tours.
- Nehalem Bay State Park (in Oregon): If you are looking for Pacific Coast camping, this is the one for you with beach and sand. There are sand dunes separate you from the beach. The campsites supply electricity and water.
- Yosemite National Park, California: Wilderness is the keyword: No cars, no roads, no structures and no electricity. This place is great for hiking, the best place for climbers.
- Joshua Tree National Park, California: Camping in the desert sounds a bit strange? But I promise you, this place is more than just desert! The place is also popular among climbers.
Tent: It’s not really camping without a tent.
There are many kinds of tents of you to choose from: Family,backpacking, weekend, mountaineering, beach, festival, and pop up tents. Depends on where you are heading to and who you are camping with, pick the right kind of tent.
Tent accessories: Canopies & Extensions, windbreaks, gazebos…
Sleeping bags/Air beds/sleeping mats: Choose the right kind for you depending on the weather
- Sleeping bags come with many designs: Mummy shape, square shape, down filling, double sleeping bags, compression sacks…
- Airbeds also come with different kinds: Single airbeds and double airbed.
- Mats: There are self-inflating mats, blow up mats and roll mats…
- Don’t forget camping pillows.
There are three types of tent lightings: Electric lanterns, gas lanterns, torches & head torches.
- Remember to bring first aid kit, sunscreen, bug spray…
- Dress for the weather.
- Prepare a list of activities.
- Prepare for extreme weather: Rain, snow…
- Learn how to protect yourself in case of bad weather: Do not stand under a tall tree or somewhere high during a thunderstorm…
Eating and drinking:
Camping cooler & thermal flasks
Bring enough water and food for everyone.
- When you decide to go camping, it means you are ready to spend over the night, cook and eat out in the nature. You are supposedly going to bring raw materials such as raw meat, vegetables and fruits for some camping BBQ party dinner.
- It’s important to keep your food fresh and prevent them from spoiling. And because you are out in the wildlife, there is supposed to be no electricity, so make sure you choose the best camping cooler. And you should a best cooler with wheels since you will need a large one and have to carry them around.
- You want to keep your soup warm, or sometimes you crave a cup of coffee, hot chocolate or tea, or when camping in the winter, you will need some hot drinks to warm up… That’s when a vacuum flask comes to handy.
Match your game
Depends on the kind of activity you want to take such as: Hiking, skiing, fishing… bring the right gear to make sure everything goes smoothly.